The Beginner's Guide to the Art of Furoshiki Wrapping
How You Can Incorporate Furoshiki into a Modern Lifestyle
What comes to mind when you hear the word, "Furoshiki?"
- "A traditional Japanese art."
- "A piece of cloth used for wrapping things?"
- "An eco-friendly product."
- "I think I’ve heard of it somewhere before..."
- "I have no clue..."
In this course, we will cover everything from “What is a Furoshiki?” to its history, to tips on how to incorporate them into our daily lives.
Even if you have no prior experience or knowledge of Furoshiki, all my lessons are very simple and easy to learn. Please do not hesitate to participate!
Furoshiki is a piece of wisdom that has been passed down from our ancestors. It was born in a time when people did not have access to the modern conveniences we have today and needed a practical way to carry and store precious items. Its functionality is a form of art with an important message that may speak true in today’s age more than ever.
What makes Furoshiki so wonderful is its reusability. The cloth can be gifted to a loved one along with the item it is used to wrap. Not only will it bring joy to the recipient, but that person can then reuse it themselves and gift it to someone else. A wrapping tool that can be used over and over again without being thrown away… Doesn’t that sound wonderful?
I designed this course to share the wonderful nature of Furoshiki-wrapping with as many people as possible.
Furoshiki is not only used for gift-wrapping. It can be used in various lifestyle scenes such as bags, hair decorations, fashion accessories, carrying lunch boxes and yoga mats, etc. You can be as creative as you want.
Are you ready to give this wonderful eco-friendly Furoshiki lifestyle a try?
This course will solve the following questions and problems for you:
- How can I wrap gifts in a non-wasteful yet stylish and creative way?
- How can I give gifts in a eco-friendly way this holiday season?
- Paper wrapping is fun, but is there a way to make my gifts stand out more?
- I’ve received Furoshiki before, but I don’t really know how to use it.
- How can I use Furoshiki in ways other than for wrapping?
What fabulous results will come about through taking this course?
- You will learn new wrapping methods and ideas that can be used in various gift-giving scenes
- The Furoshiki itself can be a present that the recipient will absolutely love
- Incorporating Furoshiki into your lifestyle and those around you will provide an opportunity to think about the environment
- Above all else, Furoshiki wrapping is quick and simple! You can wrap all sorts of items in a short time – perfect for last minute gifts!
- You hardly need to prepare other wrapping supplies, so preparation is very easy
What do I need to take the Furoshiki course?
- Furoshiki - The size will depend on the item you are wrapping. Please take a look at Module 1: Lesson 1-6 Furoshiki Sizes for Your Gift and prepare the right-sized cloth for you.
- High-speed internet access - The lessons are all online, so you'll need to be in a good environment for watching. You can watch on your computer, smartphone, or tablet, but to see all the fine details I recommend using a large screen.
- Enthusiasm! Having fun while learning is a must for improving and mastering wrapping techniques!
PreviewLesson 1-1: Opening
StartLesson 1-2: What is Furoshiki?
StartLesson 1-3: Where Does the Name “Furoshiki” Come From?
StartLesson 1-4: History of Furoshiki
StartLesson 1-5: Furoshiki-Related Trivia
StartLesson 1-6: Furoshiki Sizes
StartLesson 1-7: Furoshiki Colors
StartLesson 1-8: The Traits of Furoshiki Fabric and How to Maintain Them
Hi, I'm Shiho! Thank you so much for taking my online gift wrapping courses!
I have been a professional gift wrapping artist for almost 20 years, providing my services to individuals and corporations, conducting workshops and demos, and creating instructional videos.
I believe that the art of gift wrapping can transform gift-giving opportunities into priceless memories.
A gift by itself is a material object, a thing. The act of gift wrapping helps to turn that object into an experience, a memorable moment. Material things can make someone happy but it's the overall experience that tends to create something more meaningful and longer lasting.
I've witnessed how the art of gift wrapping changed people's gift-giving events to amazing experiences throughout my years as a gift wrapping artist. My previous clients and students often came back to tell me the great gift-giving experiences they had by giving beautifully wrapped gifts.
I hope that my courses will help you learn the necessary methods and techniques as well as the philosophy of the art of gift wrapping, so you could have wonderful gift-giving memories for the rest of your life.